Saturday, June 4, 2011

Madagascar, here I come!

Vacation 7

"Bye, Kandy!" Rebecca waved to her friend.
"Good-bye, Rebecca! Have a great time! Send me some postcards!" Kandy grinned strongly. She waved off to the cruise ship. It was late noon, and very hot. They had changed plans, (well, I should say Kandy changed plans) and Rebecca had agreed to go on a cruise ship, anything to get away without going through a hard  and early morning, and then flying on an airplane for hours.
"Oh, Kandy! Stop the ship! Hurry! I left my light pink lipstick!" Rebecca screamed.
"Too late, Rebecca! You can do without it! Adios!" Kandy waved her hand in slow motion.
"Good-bye, Kandy!" Rebecca tried hard to not dive into the water and go back home and take a warm shower. She gave one last wave then turned around. She took a deep breath before she stepped into a small, but bright room.
"Hello, how may I help you?" A short, skinny body sat at the desk. The lady had short brown hair, pulled back into a half-up half-down style. She wore a name tag with letters in an order that labeled: ROSALIE BARKAN. The stern face looked at Rebecca, and strange violet eyes blinked with long eye-lashes fluttering. Rebecca coughed then answered,
“Um, my room number please. I would like to get the best room possible.” Rebecca looked at flyers dotting the desk. The strange, violet-eyed lady quickly typed away at the computer. She printed out a sheet of paper then told Rebecca,
“Sign there, please.” She took a key and room number and handed it to Rebecca. “Your room number and key. I will have your maid come in later.” Maid!?!? I had no idea I got a maid! Perhaps it comes with the 5-star room and cruise. Rebecca pondered in her head. She politely said thank you and quickly signed her name. She walked out of the room, and then down the deck, until she came to room number 42.
She opened the door and looked around. It had a queen-sized bed with a TV directly opposite. A small refrigerator, a counter, chair, sink, and then a very small room with the shower and toilet. A pleasant little room.
 She shoved her load of luggage into the room. She placed her make-up in special places then turned the TV on. Even though Rebecca wasn’t watching, she liked the feeling of movies playing in the background. Mozart started to play, and Rebecca danced around the room. She swung her body back and forth across the room, dancing wildly, when suddenly arms caught her own and a cheerful squeal rang throughout the room. A shining, freckled, face cheered, just inches away from Rebecca’s. Crystal blue eyes danced, as much as the body did.
“Yippee!” A young girl, aged about 17, swung back and forth, even when the music stopped. “Hello! My name is…”   

1 comment:

  1. Oh no...Not another cliff hanger!!! Aaaahhhh! Still love your story! Keep writing!

    ~Cali :)

    ReplyDelete