Vacation 3
"Madagascar??????" Rebecca stared into her friend's eyes. "Why would I go there???"
"Well, I saw in a Coastal Living magazine that there are great 5 star hotels, delicious restaurants, and lots of things to do!" Kandy Johna sat down into one of Rebecca's couch chairs. She flipped through a number of magazines before she said, "Where were you planning to go?" She leaned forward to listen to Rebecca's answer, "Well...?"
"Well, I didn't exactly have anything planned, I wasn't even going to go on a vacation this year." Rebecca stared down at the dress design she had been working on.
"You weren't?" Kandy sipped her coffee.
"Where are you going?" Rebecca questioned her friend.
"Me? Oh, I'm going to my aunt's farm in Minnesota for the summer." Kandy said casually.
"How big is your aunt's house?" Rebecca slyly grinnned.
"No, Rebecca. You can't come with me." Kandy frowned.
"Why not?" Rebecca started to whine.
"Because, she didn't invite you, and her house is too small for you to come too." Kandy stood up. She walked over to the sink and placed her mug in it. She came back over and took a crumpet. Rebecca clicked her tongue and closed her eyes.
"Why don't you want to go?" Kandy leaned back into her chair.
"I hate airplanes!" Rebecca stood up.
"Airplanes? Who said you were going on an airplane?" Kandy crossed her arms.
"Well how else would I get there?" Rebecca sat down again.
"Does a cruise ship ring a bell?" Kandy slipped a cookie into her mouth.
"A cruise ship??? You are brilliant, Kandy Johna! I will leave tomorrow!"
Oh, it just gets better and better! Write more!
ReplyDelete~Cali
THX!
ReplyDelete