The girls got their souvenirs, and headed out for the rainforest. Gina got a pocket knife with her name engraved on one side and "The Madagascar Rainforest" words on the other side. Rebbecca got a pair of earrings that were made out of canary feathers and bone carved in a swirl. They munched on some Cliff-bars.
"What will we do in the rainforest?" Rebbecca asked.
"Well, take pictures, look at unique animals, and stuff like that." Gina answered casually. "Don't worry, it'll be fun."
"I know, but would if we get lost?"
"We have our survival kits, don't we?"
"Yes, I suppose, but-"
"Rebbecca- calm down and have fun, okay?" Gina looked Rebbecca in the eye. "We will be fine."
"Okay. You know- Gina, what's that?" Rebbecca stopped. "The-the shadow."
Gina looked up to where Rebbecca was pointing. " I don't know...but where are we?" Gina looked around. "I'm not recognizing anything around here."
"WHAT? YOU DON'T KNOW WHERE WE ARE? I KNEW WE'D GET LOST!" Rebbecca screamed.
"Rebbecca! Calm down! If you raise your voice, the animals will feel threatened. I'll go look around. You stay here- no buts."
"I-I- okay... are you sure it's safe?" Rebbecca looked around.
"Safe enough. I'm not going far. I'm just gonna go and see if I can identify anything. I might climb a tree, but I won't be far." Gina started walking away. "Do not scream, unless your attacked. Okay?"
"Okay." Gina scampered off, and Rebbecca found a rock to sit down. She hummed a tune to comfort her. Suddenly, a shadow swooped down towards her. Rebbecca quickly got up off the rock, and backed up. Two big eyes stared at Rebbecca. It was a...
No comments:
Post a Comment