"Here! C'mon, I haven't toured anyone in the rainforest for like, AGES!!" Gina exclaimed.
"Uh huh. Cool. How long will we be, uh, touring the rainforest?" Rebbecca, annoyed, asked bitterly.
"Oh, your such a sour puss! We'll be touring all day!" Gina scrunched her face in excitement.
"But Buummaaaa..." Rebbecca whined, not really concerned about Buma.
"Buma will be fiinneeee," Gina answered, in a mock whine. "There's a what you could call a "Animal Resort" just a block away. She'll be the happiest there. C'mon, the sooner we get going, the better."
"But I don't have anything!" Rebbecca searched for an excuse.
"Here," Gina threw a tote bag at Rebbecca. "I packed you a survival bag. I left room for you to put a few things from your purse in there. And maybe your camera?"
"I left it at the Hotel. I was going to buy one."
"Oh. Okayyy...that's fine. I have mind, and that's good enough."
"Well, are you girls going to get on, or what? I'll take Buma to the "Animal Resort", and maybe I'll stay there and chat with Jen. When do you want to be picked up?" Rebbecca, stressing, had forgotten that Nan was with them. "About 5:00 pm?"
"Sure! Thanks, mom!" Gina grabbed Rebbecca's purse and shoved it into Rebecca's hands. "I want to get a few things from the Souvenir Shop, but I've got to go deposit a check. You put some of your stuff from your purse and into the tote, and I'll go get the check deposited. I'll come back here and pick you up and we can go to the Souvenir Shop together. Sound good?"
"Fine."
"Okey-dokey! Be back in a jiffy!" Gina jogged away from the car. Rebbecca ran her fingers through her hair. She took out her portable hair brush and a few hair bands. She put 20$ in the bag for the Souvenir Shop, then dug around her purse. She put one more thing in the tote. Her journal and a pen. Rebbecca sighed, and sat down in the car. Nan looked back.
"Don't worry, sugar plum, you'll have tons of fun!"
"Oh Nan, I don't know." At that moment Gina ran into the car.
"Oof! Hey (pant), lets go (pant)!"
"Oh, alright." Rebbecca stood up. She said bye to Nan and Buma and stepped out of the car. She mumbled to herself, "This is going to be a long day."
No comments:
Post a Comment